Friday, February 3, 2012

The Things We do for L O V E

 Since Valentines is right around the corner, I thought I'd bake for the special people in my life.  So yesterday I went to the book store in search of a dessert cookbook.  It was a hard decision, there are so many great ones out right now, but I settled on Miette.  It contains recipes from San Francisco's Pastry Shop Miette.  The cake on the cover sold me!  It's called the Tomboy cake.
 ...And then when I opened the cover the pages were scalloped. What a surprise! So pretty.
 Just looking at the beautiful pictures in the book, I can only imagine how amazing the shop would be and makes me want to travel a few thousand miles to visit.
As I mentioned before, I'm not a great baker, so I've chosen what appears to be some fairly easy recipes.  The Carrot Cupcakes...
 Chocolate Sable Cookies...

 And these amazing looking Fleur De Sel Caramels.
 These look tricky.
Wish me luck, I hope mine turn out like these!

No comments:

Post a Comment